Sunday, October 31, 2010

Month 10 Status Report

At this point, one film a day for the rest of the year will get me to exactly 300 by year's end. That's substantially less than I originally hoped (my original goal was two years for the whole project), but with a full-time job and two kids, I'd say I'm doing pretty well. Three hundred films is not an unreasonable goal, honestly.

More reasonable and more attainable is 270, which is roughly 25% of the total. This is because the latest edition of "The Book" has been released with about ten new films (and I was right about Avatar being added). This brings the total up to 1080 or so. That number is a film every other day, which I can certainly do.

At this rate, I'll finish around the end of 2013, and I can live with that. I'll probably be ready to be done at that point.

So what's ahead? My biggest need is to challenge myself. I tend to fall back on things I know and am comfortable with when work gets stressful, which leaves those problem films as the ones I keep avoiding. There are still too many movies longer than four hours for me to be complacent, and still a whole ton of foreign movies hanging over my head, not to mention musicals and silent films.

Still, I am pushing forward. Not as fast as I'd like, not as varied as I'd like, but each film I watch brings me that much closer to finishing completely.

Here are the new movies in the 7th Edition:
The Hurt Locker
The Hangover
Anvil! The Story of Anvil
Precious
Inglorious Basterds
Lat den Ratte Komma In (Let the Right One In)
Das Weisse Band: Eine Deutsche Kindergeschicte (The White Ribbon)
Fish Tank
An Education
Paranormal Activity
Avatar

No comments:

Post a Comment